martes, 21 de junio de 2011

Crossing Cultures Word Power Vocabulary






1 Word Power VOCABULARY 
The words can be understood with a sentence that will help you with the context.
The unit is about crossing cultures and when you are in a different country experiencing different cutures people can have a lot of emotions like these:

  1. When people go into an adventure they can feel anxious because the don´t no what awaits them and they can start bitting their nails.
  2. Going to a country that is next to your own can be really comfortablebecause you are not that far away from home and the culture s no as different.
  3. When people are confident about themselves they will probably feelconfident in a whole different country.
  4. It is really hard not to be curious about what is out there in a different continent.
  5. When you feel depressed taking a trip and discovering the world can cheer you up.
  6. People can make awful mistakes when trying to speak a different language and that would be embarrassing.
  7. It always helps to be enthusiastic wen your going to a new country, you should think everything will be just fine.
  8. When I go on a trip I am always excited, it is always fun.
  9. I was fascinated with the French cuisine when I went there.
  10. When you are away from your country for a long time you will definitely start feeling homesick.
  11. When I tried to get a job in the United States I felt really insecurebecause my English isn't that good.
  12. I am nervous because I am moving to the US for college and I hope I can do fine.
  13. When people leave their countries to pursuit a better lifestyle they areuncertain about reaching their dreams.
  14. My sister was uncomfortable when she went to the Middle East because of how they treat women there.
  15. People are usually worried when they leave their families and go on a trip.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario