martes, 21 de junio de 2011

Grammar examples



Unit 1

Relative pronouns
A relative pronoun is a pronoun that marks a relative clause within a largersentence. A relative pronoun links two clauses into a single complex clause or sentence. It ´s similar to a conjunction but the relative pronoun stands in place of a noun. It can replace either the subject or the object.
 In English, relative pronouns are: whowhomwhichwhose, and that.
Example  Relative pronouns as subjects
Ihave a friend. My friend is very smart.    Ihave a friend who is very smart.
Relative pronouns as objects
I like English. English is a language that i can speak easily.
I like english which is a language that I can speak easily.

Clauses with it+ adverbial clauses with when
Example
I love it when I go on trips.
I hate it when I have to eat salad.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario